Gulf Coast Epilepsy Alliance
Complimentary Program Registration
Gulf Coast Epilepsy Alliance (GCEA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides direct services to individuals with epilepsy, seizures and brain disorders in the Texas Gulf Coast.
GCEA provides services in the following 13 Texas Coastal Counties: Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Walker, Waller and Wharton.
GCEA's aim is to maintain existing services and activities, while also developing in new directions to ensure we continue to meet the needs of our members.
1-in-26 people in the United States will develop epilepsy and about 1-in-10 people may have a seizure during his or her lifetime. [cdc.gov]
GCEA's 10 Strategic Aims:
- Referral Assistance Program
- Support Epilepsy Research to Find a Cure
- Individual, Family and Caregiver Support Services
- Promotion of Seizure Action Plans (SAP) to Save Lives
- Assistance with Texas State Programs and Disability Applications
- Canine Partners Program: Service Dogs, Training and Puppy Therapy
- Serve as Advocates for the rights of those with Epilepsy, Seizures and Brain Disorders
- Provide Complimentary Community-based Epilepsy Education and Seizure First Aid Training to Save Lives
- Raise Awareness of Epilepsy, Seizures, Brain Disorders, and SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy)
- Maintain Ethical and Best Practice Standards
GCEA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, all contributions are tax deductible. EIN# 84-2099498